Divorce lawyer in Syracuse, New York assisting with your post-divorce arrangements
The Bombardo Law Office, P.C. in Syracuse, New York assists clients with the full range of family law needs, including post-divorce arrangements, such as:
- Supplemental petitions to modify final judgments (changes in circumstances)
- Enforcement of final judgments and court orders
Counseling you on the modification of divorce and paternity orders
There is a prevalent misconception that when a final judgment is entered, the matter is set in stone. However, changed circumstances may warrant a modification of judgments in cases involving:
As a Syracuse divorce lawyer, I assist clients throughout central New York in obtaining modifications to judgments. To modify child custody, child support or visitation, you must first establish that there has been a substantial change in the circumstances since the entry of the final judgment. The court then conducts hearings on the evidence and modifies what it deems necessary:
- In child custody and visitation/time-sharing modifications, the court considers whether there have been changes in the circumstances such that the best interests of the child would be served by a modification.
- In child custody and visitation/time-sharing modifications, the court considers such things as child abuse, child neglect, mistreatment of children, living conditions of children and geographical relocation of parents when determining what is in the best interest of the children and/or the practical ability of the parties to meet the visitation/time-sharing schedule.
- In child support modifications, the court looks to whether there has been a change in the incomes of the parties that necessitates a recalculation of child support.
Assisting you with the filing or defense of enforcement motions
I can help you file a motion for enforcement against the other party if the terms of your final judgment or order are not being followed. Conversely, I defend clients against motions of enforcement. Specific situations that can result in the need for enforcement are:
Depend on the legal skills of a seasoned Syracuse divorce attorney
As a sequel to divorce, modifications and enforcement often demand your attention. By working with an experienced Syracuse divorce attorney, you can deal with judgments that no longer apply or an ex-spouse who fails to comply with appropriate court orders. Arrange a free consultation and find out how we can help. Call at 315.488.5544 or contact the Bombardo Law Office, P.C. online. We consult with clients on weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and offer after-hours and weekend consultations by appointment. Clients who qualify can benefit from our flexible fee payment option.